DRC'S TOP EDUCATION & WORKFORCE PRIORITIES
The success of the Dallas Region and Texas are closely tied to the quality of the workforce and talent pipeline – from early childhood thru K-12 and higher education to a career. The DRC fosters collaboration between the business community, educational institutions, and workforce development organizations to meet industry needs.
- Increase 3rd grade reading skills
- Increase college and career readiness
- Recruit non-local talent for in-demand positions
- Increase number of advanced degrees
Early Education Through High School
All children in our region need access to a high-quality education. That’s why we focus on driving improvements in public education, preparing students to graduate with the skills needed to succeed and providing the business community with a talented and skilled workforce, through:
- Program development and curriculums that increase career, college, and workforce readiness for students;
- Fostering knowledge and connections between education experts and thought leaders and the business community to understand current issues that impact education; and
- Federal and state advocacy efforts.
The DRC also supports local education advocacy in Dallas ISD through an affiliated political action committee, EducateDallas.
FOLLOW YOUR PIPELINE
Pick Your Path
Future Focus Camp
Setting a Higher Academic Standard
The DRC partners with higher education institutions and community colleges to develop initiatives that increase access and create the most qualified candidates to meet the changing demands of the workforce.
To achieve this goal, we:
- Organize key higher education leaders to advise on pressing local, state, and national issues impacting higher education outcomes;
- Support community organizations aimed at improving the quality of and access to higher education in the region;
- Partner with higher education institutions to build research capacities and collaborations tied closely with Dallas business leaders through the Texas Research Alliance; and
- Advocate through our strong legislative presence.
Dallas-Fort Worth is the #1 region in Texas for higher education. Explore the region where higher education and business uniquely combine to compete globally in the DFW Higher Education Review, presented by Thomson Reuters.
Continued workforce development is critically important to the economic vitality of the region’s business climate. The DRC works with our business members to identify industry needs and with regional partners to develop programs and opportunities to enable workers to develop the skills necessary to support their careers.