DRC'S TOP EDUCATION & WORKFORCE PRIORITIES
Education matters to business. That’s why the Dallas Regional Chamber is deeply invested in strengthening the North Texas region’s vibrant business community and the local talent pipeline for all students from pre-K through post-secondary and into the workforce.
The interest of local students and the business community are directly aligned: improving educational outcomes for students creates better career options for them — and a sustainable, highly trained workforce for our regional businesses in the future. The DRC works to improve education at all levels — early childhood, K-12, and higher education — so that every student has a better opportunity to find a good job that leads to a good life.
Early Education Through High School
All children in our region need access to a high-quality education. That’s why we focus on driving improvements in public education, preparing students to graduate with the skills needed to succeed and providing the business community with a talented and skilled workforce, through:
- Program development and curriculums that increase career, college, and workforce readiness for students;
- Fostering knowledge and connections between education experts and thought leaders and the business community to understand current issues that impact education; and
- Federal and state advocacy efforts.
FOLLOW YOUR PIPELINE
Pick Your Path
Future Focus Camp
Setting a Higher Academic Standard
The DRC partners with higher education institutions and community colleges to develop initiatives that increase access and create the most qualified candidates to meet the changing demands of the workforce.
To achieve this goal, we:
- Organize key higher education leaders to advise on pressing local, state, and national issues impacting higher education outcomes;
- Support community organizations aimed at improving the quality of and access to higher education in the region;
- Partner with higher education institutions to build research capacities and collaborations tied closely with Dallas business leaders through the Texas Research Alliance; and
- Advocate through our strong legislative presence.
Dallas-Fort Worth is the #1 region in Texas for higher education. Explore the region where higher education and business uniquely combine to compete globally in the DFW Higher Education Review, presented by Thomson Reuters.
Continued workforce development is critically important to the economic vitality of the region’s business climate. The DRC works with our business members to identify industry needs and with regional partners to develop programs and opportunities to enable workers to develop the skills necessary to support their careers.