Diversity, Inclusion & Community Engagement
For the good of every business. For the good of our community.
The DRC is working with businesses and the community to increase diverse representation in leadership positions, accelerate company involvement in building a talent pipeline, connect companies to investment in underserved areas, and advocate for accountable policing and equitable criminal justice policies.
The Diversity, Inclusion & Community Engagement team prioritizes efforts that will:
- Share knowledge and compile best practices to help companies move from awareness of DEI issues to action.
- Create an inclusive culture internally within the DRC and externally.
- Grow economic development in underrepresented communities with a focus on creating an environment that results in increased economic activity and jobs for residents.
- Catalyze investment in projects that have long been barriers to economic growth.
- Respond to community-driven issues and improve the quality of life for all.
DIVERSITY IN LEADERSHIP
Increase diverse representation at board and executive levels and drive action within the business community around DEI issues.
- Utilize the DEI Benchmark Report to evaluate, measure, and amplify efforts in the areas of organizational agility, talent acquisition, and supplier diversity.
EDUCATION & WORKFORCE
Accelerate opportunities for companies to prepare the next generation of the workforce and expand their talent pipeline.
COMMUNITY INVESTMENT IN UNDER-CHAMPIONED AREAS
Drive economic development, investment, and jobs in under-championed communities, such as Southern Dallas County.
SOUTHERN DALLAS COUNTY
Click to visit the Southern Dallas County Economic Development Guide.
- Economic Development: Create and implement a plan to grow economic development in Southern Dallas County with a focus on creating an environment that results in increased economic activity and jobs for residents.
- Catalyst Projects: Advance catalytic projects that dismantle barriers to economic growth, including food deserts, banking deserts, housing, health deserts, and access to transportation.
- Community Engagement: Being present in the community, bring the business community to Southern Dallas, including nonprofit engagement, supplier diversity, and small business.
POLICING & CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Help companies leverage their financial resources and their expertise in technology, training, and marketing to drive real reform in policing and criminal justice.
We value the diversity of our region and are working together to create strategic partnerships with community leaders, businesses, and nonprofit organizations focused on meeting the current and future needs of our residents. Together we can deliver meaningful investment and a shared vision for economic growth and stability.
- Expanding community engagement efforts focusing on long-term relationships with small business, nonprofit organizations, and other local chambers.
- Convening voices and perspectives of those closest to the problems we are working to address.
- Promoting growth and economic development within the region.
- Collaborating with businesses, community stakeholders, and government to respond to community-driven issues and improve the quality of life for all.
Coming Soon: Disability Inclusion Toolkit
Southern Dallas County Economic Development Guide
This guide is the DRC’s initiative to bring economic development, investment, and jobs to Southern Dallas County. This online resource showcases news, communities, real estate, employers, and talent spanning 12 cities and 486 square miles.
The DRC’s first DEI benchmarking assessment provides insight into how members of the Dallas business community are prioritizing DEI initiatives — and what more needs to be done to ensure inclusion and opportunity for all.
Unlock Opportunities in
Southern Dallas County
With green spaces, affordable homes, a diverse workforce, a growing business community, esteemed universities and colleges, and so much more, the people and economic potential of Southern Dallas County is ready to be unlocked.
The DRC would be proud to show you how your business can grow in Southern Dallas County and be part of meaningful, inclusive development.
DEI Leaders Connect
DEI leaders in the Dallas Region discuss multifaceted DEI challenges and opportunities with a focus on results-driven action.
Subscribe to the DEI newsletter to stay connected with top national and local news and upcoming DRC events and initiatives.
CONTACT THE TEAM
Have a question or want to get engaged with our work? The DRC’s Diversity, Inclusion & Community Engagement team is here to assist as you and your company navigate DEI and community engagement conversations in the Dallas Region.