DRC'S TOP PUBLIC POLICY & ADVOCACY PRIORITIES
As the voice of the business community in the Dallas Region, the DRC connects member companies with key stakeholders and elected officials at all levels to advocate for pro-business, pro-growth policies that ensure the continued prosperity of our region while maintaining a high quality of life for all.
- Protect Texas’ strong business advantages
- Invest in Texas’ future workforce
- Support COVID-19 recovery
- Create innovative infrastructure for a growing region
87TH TEXAS LEGISLATIVE SESSION PRIORITIES
Preserving Texas’ Economic Development Success
Investing in Texas’ Future Workforce
Supporting COVID-19 Recovery and a Sustainable Healthy Workforce
Additional state issues of DRC focus:
87th Legislative Session Dates of Interest
- Tuesday, January 12 – 87th Legislative convenes
- Friday, March 12 – Deadline for the unrestricted filing of bills and joint resolutions other than local bills, emergency appropriations, and emergency matters by the governor.
- Monday, May 31 – Last day of 87th Regular Session
UPCOMING PUBLIC POLICY EVENTS
Accountability in North Texas
Following the 87th legislative session, the DRC will again produce a Pro-Growth Legislative Accountability Index. The index will track how North Texas legislators vote on issues critical to our business climate. We will also produce House and Senate district “heat maps” to visually translate the index results.
Legislative Contacts in Dallas, Austin, and Washington, DC
During this legislative session, you can stay up to date with key local, state and federal offices; including the City of Dallas, Texas House & Senate, US House and Senate, and Texas Legislature online.
- Mayor, City of Dallas
- City Council of Dallas
- Dallas County Commissioner’s Court
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas Senate
- Office of the Governor
- Office of the Lt. Governor
- Texas Legislature Online
- Texas Legislative Council
- US House of Representatives
- US Senate