Apply to Leadership Dallas
Applications are now available for the Leadership Dallas Class of 2020. Applications are due on May 10, 2019, but apply by April 30 to get early-bird pricing.
About Leadership Dallas
Founded in 1975, Leadership Dallas is the DRC’s flagship leadership development program aimed at growing an ongoing pipeline of diverse leaders through an intensive educational program that explores critical issues and creates positive change in the Dallas Region.
It is the goal of Leadership Dallas to:
- Identify and motivate potential community leaders of diverse backgrounds;
- Provide an outstanding educational experience, emphasizing critical social and community issues;
- Open a dialogue among community leaders; and
- Challenge participants to apply their talents throughout the community.
LD Class of 2019
Meet this ambition group of professionals who are part of the Leadership Dallas Class of 2019.
Each year, up to 55 individuals are selected to participate in a 10-month educational program that includes a two-day retreat, nine monthly full-day sessions, monthly preliminary assignments, and a class project. Participants receive in-depth exposure to the critical issues facing the community through lectures, discussion groups, on-site visits, simulations, and other leadership development activities. Issues to be addressed during the year include human services, government and politics, regionalism, health care, criminal justice, education, and arts and culture. The program enables participants to develop their leadership capacities, build strong relationships, and prepare themselves for the challenges of the years to come.
Leadership Dallas participants build confidence and motivation to become actively involved in promoting positive change for the Dallas Region. Class members will grow in awareness and understanding of the challenges and issues facing our community. Leadership Dallas allows doors to be opened for greater corporate/organizational community involvement and visibility, develops valuable contacts and networks, and helps identify where strategic alliances might be formed. Employers and sponsoring organizations will see increased leadership and problem solving skills in their employee. The community will experience immediate benefit from increased involvement on the part of the participants, and will reap future benefits from the collective commitment to effective leadership by the graduates of Leadership Dallas.
When participants are selected each year, it is with an eye toward diversity to encourage a collaboration of ideas and viewpoints. The program is a professional development opportunity for men and women who are both acknowledged and aspiring leaders. All participants should demonstrate:
- A passion for the people and future of the Dallas Region and a personal commitment to help improve the quality of life;
- A commitment to the community through past and current activities;
- A capacity for leadership within their own organizations through significant achievements;
- An interest in enhancing their leadership capabilities to meet the demands of today;
- A commitment to the time and energy necessary to complete the program requirements, which expects the full support of their organizations; and
- A commitment to supporting the continuation of leadership and trustee development in our region.
Graduation from the class represents the beginning of a lifetime of opportunity as a member of the Leadership Dallas Alumni network. Alumni have the responsibility to foster continued leadership development in the region and are expected to support the work of Leadership Dallas. In addition, it is expected that alumni will go forth and participate in constructive community change. They are also encouraged to serve on committees, boards, and organizations throughout the region. Critical to the organization’s continued success is the support from past participants in program guidance, financial contributions, and marketing the program to future participants. Please email email@example.com with questions.