About Leadership Dallas
Leadership Dallas, founded in 1975 by the Dallas Regional Chamber (DRC), is the region’s premier leadership development program; a group of diverse individuals are selected each year in a competitive process based on proven leadership potential within their organization and in the community.
The goal of Leadership Dallas (LD) is to improve the quality of life in our region by:
- Identifying a pipeline of future leaders.
- Educating LD class members about the issues most important to our future.
- Connecting LD class members to their classmates and other highly motivated individuals in the community.
- Inspiring these leaders to apply what they learned in the LD program to create positive change.
Director of Leadership Programs
Explore the process, commitment, and expectations to be part of the next Leadership Dallas class.
Up to fifty-five diverse leaders are selected each year, to engage in a 9-month leadership development program that includes a retreat, eight monthly topic areas with homework, and a class project. Class members will learn from subject matter experts about issues most important to our future through educational experiences and discussions. The program will include a combination of virtual and in-person sessions.
The Leadership Dallas program enables class members to develop a greater understanding of issues most important to our region, build strong relationships with business and community leaders, and empowers them to create the positive change needed to improve our region’s quality of life.
Leadership Dallas inspires class members to increase involvement in their organizations and communities. The program helps them identify where strategic alliances might be formed. Employers will see increased awareness of issues most important to our region and inspiration to create positive change. The community will experience immediate benefit from increased involvement on the part of the participants and will reap future benefits from the collective commitment to effective leadership by the graduates of Leadership Dallas.
When participants are selected each year, it is with an eye toward diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, industry, socio-economic status, age, political beliefs, and perspectives to encourage a collaboration of ideas and viewpoints. The program is a professional development opportunity for men and women who are both acknowledged and aspiring leaders. All participants should demonstrate:
- A passion for the people and future of our region and a personal commitment to help improve our quality of life.
- A commitment to the community through past and current activities.
- A capacity for leadership within their own organizations through significant achievements.
- An interest in enhancing their leadership capabilities to meet the demands of today.
- A commitment to the time and energy necessary to complete the program requirements, which expects the full support of their organizations.
- A commitment to supporting the continuation of leadership and trustee development in our region.
Graduation from the class represents the beginning of a lifetime of opportunity as a member of the Leadership Dallas Alumni network. Alumni have the responsibility to foster continued leadership development in the region and are expected to support the work of Leadership Dallas. In addition, it is expected that alumni will apply what they have learned and their talents to create positive change. The DRC encourages Leadership Dallas graduates to serve on committees, boards, and organizations throughout our region. Critical to the program’s continued success is the support from past participants in program guidance, financial contributions, and marketing the program to future participants. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.