At the 2020 Women’s Business Conference, we will recognize the recipients of the 2020 ATHENA® Award, presented by Wells Fargo, and 2020 YPL Athena Award®, presented by Thomson Reuters. The ATHENA® Leadership Program Award recognizes exceptional women who excel in their careers, contribute to their communities, and develop women leaders.
Congratulations to the 2020 ATHENA® Award, presented by Wells Fargo, & YPL ATHENA® Award, presented by Thomson Reuters, Recipients
We’re thrilled to announce the 2020 ATHENA® recipients, Debbie Dennis and Ana I. Rodriguez.
Our ATHENA® Award, presented by Wells Fargo, recipient, Debbie Dennis, is Oncor’s Chief Customer Officer and SVP Human Resources & Corporate Affairs. Debbie, a 40-year veteran of Oncor, is responsible for customer service, community relations, economic development, branding and communications, and all human resource functions, as well as the strategic direction of Oncor’s philanthropy, community involvement, and employee engagement initiatives. A proud OSU alumna, Debbie is active in the region and serves on several local boards.
YPL ATHENA® Award, presented by Thomson Reuters, recipient Ana I. Rodriguez leads the Latino Leadership Initiative, a center of excellence at the SMU Cox School of Business designed to help meet the nation’s growing need for diverse corporate leaders as national demographics evolve. A nationally recognized nonprofit executive, speaker, and strategist, Ana serves on the Board of Directors for The Concilio and TOPACHIEVERS.
Past recipients of the Dallas awards are:
- 2018 – Roslyn Dawson Thompson, President and CEO, Texas Women’s Foundation (ATHENA®) & Amber Venz-Box, President and Co-Founder, rewardStyle (YPL ATHENA®)
- 2017 – Cynthia Marshall, Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Diversity Officer, AT&T (formerly) (ATHENA®) & Lacy Durham, Tax Manager, Deloitte Tax, LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2015 – Maribess Miller, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (ATHENA® ) & Lauren Mutti, Jackson Walker LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2014 – Kathleen LaValle, Dallas CASA (ATHENA®) & Suzanne Smith, Social Impact Architects and Flywheel (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2013 – Hattie Hill, Women’s Foodservice Forum ((ATHENA®) & Sara Duran, Sidley Austin LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2012 – Judge Barbara Lynn, United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas (ATHENA®) & Amanda L. Bush, Jackson Walker LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2011 – Anne Motsenbocker, Chase (ATHENA®) & Jasmin Brand, Brandpointe (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2010 – Carol Roehrig, BKM Total Office of Texas
- 2009 – Catherine Rodewald, Prudential Asset Resources and Prudential Mortgage Capital Company
- 2008 – Suzanne Charriere, Corgan Associates (formerly)
- 2007 – Wanda Brice, The Women’s Museum (formerly)
- 2006 – Wendy Lopez, LOPEZGARCIAGROUP (formerly)
- 2005 – Becky Sykes, Dallas Women’s Foundation (formerly)
- 2004 – Camille Keith, Southwest Airlines (formerly)
- 2003 – Retta Miller, Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- 2002 – Valerie Freeman, Imprimis Group
- 2001 – Liz Minyard, Minyard Food Stores (formerly)
- 2000 – Grace McDermott, US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- 1999 – Brenda Jackson, TXU Electric Delivery (formerly)
- 1998 – Gale Duff-Bloom, JCPenney Company, Inc. (formerly)
- 1997 – Norma Lea Beasley, SAFECO Texas
- 1996 – Jinger Heath, BeautiControl Cosmetics (formerly)
- 1995 – Tegwin Pulley, Texas Instruments (formerly)