At the 2020 Women’s Business Conference, we will recognize the recipients of the 2020 ATHENA® Award, presented by Wells Fargo, and 2020 YPL Athena Award®, presented by Thomson Reuters. To nominate a worthy woman in your organization or community, please complete the nomination form below. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
The ATHENA® Leadership Program Award recognizes exceptional women who excel in their careers, contribute to their communities, and develop women leaders. This annual award is presented by chambers of commerce, women’s organizations, and universities worldwide. Since 1982, more than 6,000 awards have been presented in more than 500 communities in the United States, Canada, China, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, and most recently, the United Kingdom.
The ATHENA Leadership Award® is presented to leaders across professional sectors who embody exemplary leadership. The ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® (YPL) is presented to emerging women leaders across professional sectors for exemplary leadership.
Nominations have closed for the 2020 awards. We look forward to announcing the recipients in early 2020 and honoring them on March 6, 2020.
Past recipients of the Dallas awards are:
- 2018 – Roslyn Dawson Thompson, President and CEO, Texas Women’s Foundation (ATHENA®) & Amber Venz-Box, President and Co-Founder, rewardStyle (YPL ATHENA®)
- 2017 – Cynthia Marshall, Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Diversity Officer, AT&T (formerly) (ATHENA®) & Lacy Durham, Tax Manager, Deloitte Tax, LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2015 – Maribess Miller, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (ATHENA® ) & Lauren Mutti, Jackson Walker LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2014 – Kathleen LaValle, Dallas CASA (ATHENA®) & Suzanne Smith, Social Impact Architects and Flywheel (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2013 – Hattie Hill, Women’s Foodservice Forum ((ATHENA®) & Sara Duran, Sidley Austin LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2012 – Judge Barbara Lynn, United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas (ATHENA®) & Amanda L. Bush, Jackson Walker LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2011 – Anne Motsenbocker, Chase (ATHENA®) & Jasmin Brand, Brandpointe (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2010 – Carol Roehrig, BKM Total Office of Texas
- 2009 – Catherine Rodewald, Prudential Asset Resources and Prudential Mortgage Capital Company
- 2008 – Suzanne Charriere, Corgan Associates (formerly)
- 2007 – Wanda Brice, The Women’s Museum (formerly)
- 2006 – Wendy Lopez, LOPEZGARCIAGROUP (formerly)
- 2005 – Becky Sykes, Dallas Women’s Foundation (formerly)
- 2004 – Camille Keith, Southwest Airlines (formerly)
- 2003 – Retta Miller, Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- 2002 – Valerie Freeman, Imprimis Group
- 2001 – Liz Minyard, Minyard Food Stores (formerly)
- 2000 – Grace McDermott, US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- 1999 – Brenda Jackson, TXU Electric Delivery (formerly)
- 1998 – Gale Duff-Bloom, JCPenney Company, Inc. (formerly)
- 1997 – Norma Lea Beasley, SAFECO Texas
- 1996 – Jinger Heath, BeautiControl Cosmetics (formerly)
- 1995 – Tegwin Pulley, Texas Instruments (formerly)