DRC Celebrate Diversity Month Resources
April is Celebrate Diversity Month. Over the past few months, we have celebrated several nationally designated history and heritage observances and have recognized the unique contributions of each. Celebrate Diversity Month is about everyone. It is about opening dialogues that foster an appreciation of the differences that separate us, as well as the similarities that unite us.
Celebrate Diversity Month was started in 2004 to recognize and honor the diversity surrounding us all. By celebrating the cultures, backgrounds, and traditions of one another, we can gain a greater understand and appreciation for each other. We may look different, speak differently, and practice different customs, but we all have something valuable to contribute.
Read and Watch:
Ways to Celebrate Diversity Month:
- Share something about your culture on social media using the hashtag #diversitymonth.
- Learn about other cultures by talking with someone outside of your normal social groups.
- Support minority-owned and women-owned businesses.
- Attend a nearby cultural art exhibit.
- Try a new restaurant or a new recipe with family and friends
- Listen to music from other cultures from around the world.