The ATHENA® Leadership Program Award recognizes exceptional women who excel in their careers, contribute to their communities and develop women leaders. This annual award is presented by chambers of commerce, women’s organizations and universities worldwide. Since 1982, more than 6,000 awards have been presented in over 500 communities in the United States, Canada, China, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, and most recently, the United Kingdom.
ATHENA® Award recipients demonstrate eight remarkable characteristics: living authentically; learning constantly; advocating fiercely; acting courageously; fostering collaboration; building relationships; giving back and celebrating.
Past recipients of the Dallas awards are:
- 2015 – Maribess Miller, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy (ATHENA® ) & Lauren Mutti, Jackson Walker LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2014 – Kathleen LaValle, Dallas CASA (ATHENA®) & Suzanne Smith, Social Impact Architects and Flywheel (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2013 – Hattie Hill, Women’s Foodservice Forum ((ATHENA®) & Sara Duran, Sidley Austin LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2012 – Judge Barbara Lynn, United States District Judge for the Northern District of Texas (ATHENA®) & Amanda L. Bush, Jackson Walker LLP (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2011 – Anne Motsenbocker, Chase (ATHENA®) & Jasmin Brand, Brandpointe (ATHENA® YPL)
- 2010 – Carol Roehrig, BKM Total Office of Texas
- 2009 – Catherine Rodewald, Prudential Asset Resources and Prudential Mortgage Capital Company
- 2008 – Suzanne Charriere, Corgan Associates (formerly)
- 2007 – Wanda Brice, The Women’s Museum (formerly)
- 2006 – Wendy Lopez, LOPEZGARCIAGROUP (formerly)
- 2005 – Becky Sykes, Dallas Women’s Foundation (formerly)
- 2004 – Camille Keith, Southwest Airlines (formerly)
- 2003 – Retta Miller, Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- 2002 – Valerie Freeman, Imprimis Group
- 2001 – Liz Minyard, Minyard Food Stores (formerly)
- 2000 – Grace McDermott, US Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- 1999 – Brenda Jackson, TXU Electric Delivery (formerly)
- 1998 – Gale Duff-Bloom, JCPenney Company, Inc. (formerly)
- 1997 – Norma Lea Beasley, SAFECO Texas
- 1996 – Jinger Heath, BeautiControl Cosmetics (formerly)
- 1995 – Tegwin Pulley, Texas Instruments (formerly)