Chalk the Vote Education Challenge
Education is critical to developing a strong regional workforce that supports economic prosperity, and there are seven DRC members who are head of the class when it comes to helping increase the graduation rate, working with youth on college and career readiness and spearheading education best practices. While they ALL deserve a standing ovation, we want to know who YOU think deserves an A+.
Vote for your favorite education-based non-profit in the DRC’s Chalk the Vote Challenge
Not sure who to vote for? Learn more about the participants online:Educational First Steps Connect with them on Facebook and Twitter Head Start of Greater Dallas
Connect with them on FacebookJunior Achievement of Dallas, Inc. Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter and Linked In
LIFT - Literacy Instruction for Texas Connect with them on Facebook and TwitterNetwork for Teaching Entrepreneurship
Connect with them on Facebook
and Linked In
*Bold signifies the final three contestants.
The non-profit with the most votes will win a membership renewal, several volunteer days with DRC staff, and number of other items to help around the office.
And the education experts aren’t the only ones who can earn gold stars! The three individuals and organizations with the most associated voters can also win big. Chamber memberships, cruises on Big D Catamarans, staff breakfast provided by the Original Pancake House, a weekend stay in a suite at the Sheraton, a night at the Joule with breakfast at Charlie Palmers, tickets to the State Fair of Texas, a DART prize pack and more are all up for grabs.
Ready to vote? Click here
to chalk one up for your favorite educational non-profit! And remember: Tell your friends – the more business associates and friends connected to you, the bigger your chances are to win.
Winners will be announced July 20.
Special Thanks to our sponsors:
The Dallas Regional Chamber is asking individuals and organizations who “like” us on Facebook to select their favorite education-based, non-profit member organization. The non-profit with the most votes will win. The three individuals and three organizations with the most associated voters, will also win prize packs.
Individuals wishing to participate in the contest must connect with us via Social Media before being eligible to vote. Individuals and their associated voters will be tracked online via Facebook. Voters associated with organizations must submit their organization name when voting in order for their vote to count towards the organizations total votes as tallied for prize distribution. Must be 18-years or older to win.
The contest will run through two rounds. During the first round, June 1-18, participants will narrow the participating non-profit group down to the three favorite organizations. During the second round, held June 19 – July 16, votes for the top three will be zeroed out and participants will vote for the winner. The winners will be announced July 20.Participating organizations qualifications
- Current DRC members in good standing
- Non-Profit organizations with 501(c) 3 status
- List education as their sole focus
- Support one of the following: increasing the graduation rate, college & career readiness or education best practices
- Educational Prize Pack
- 2 DRC Staff “Days of Caring”
- On the Rise level membership, a $700+ value.
- Breakfast from Original Pancake House
- $50 gift card to Office Depot
- $50 gift card to FedEx
- 4 Tickets to State of the District
- Ongoing promotion for the organization within Chamber Communication tools and press releases
- And more
- 1st Place Company Prize Pack
- On the Rise level membership $700+ value
- Cruise on Big D Cats for up to 75 people
- Five-minute commercial sponsorship at any small business networking event
- $150 Raising Cane gift card
- 4 Tickets to State of the District
- Free one-time rental of DRC Conference Center space for one year (dependent on availability)
- 2nd Place Company Prize Pack
- $150 DRC Bucks
- Subscription (1 year) to Inc. Magazine
- Latest Microsoft Office Suite
- Individual Prizes
- First Prize – 2-night weekend at the Sheraton Dallas, DART Prize Pack and 2 Tickets to the State Fair of Texas
- Suite accommodations
- Daily breakfast buffet for two
- Complimentary overnight parking
- Valid Thursday-Sunday only
- Second Prize – A night at the Joule and 2 Tickets to the State Fair of Texas
- Breakfast at Charlie Palmers
- Third Prize – Dinner cruise for 2 on Big D Cats Catamarans and 2 Tickets to the State Fair of Texas